Please Help me achieve my Goal

Please donate even if its just 1 dollar, every little bit helps.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

From the words of Another

My dearest friend Kira wrote a post for my blog. She will be taken this journey with me to Taiji.

I am in shock right now over the controversy that the anti whaling movement is subjected too. I myself over the past few hours have been called a "racist"... I was also told that I have a "cult" mentality. Why? I believe that the human race in ruining the oceans... I believe that dolphins are sentient creatures that deserve our protection. Does that mean that I am racist against the Japanese because their country still hunts Dolphins? ABSOLUTELY NOT!! I believe that knowledge is powerful; and I truly hope that if the fishermen knew what these animals were capable of.. if they knew the dolphin meat that they are feeding their children is poisoning them... that they would stop the hunt. I understand that TaiJi Japan is a country of little resource. That part of the reason they practice this horror is because they are trying to earn a living to provide for their families. That is why we MUST start with government! Bashing and name calling is going to get us no where.... FAST. I urge all activists to stay consistent, sign the petitions; call the embassies... and spread the word to your family and friends. Don't give up. It is going to be a long journey... and it will be worth it! We need more people on the ground.. DONATE if you can... WE ARE GOING TO TAIJI AND WE WILL BE HEARD! Our presence will be felt and we are MAKING A DIFFERENCE! Our children will thank us :)

~ K. Hudson

No comments:

Post a Comment