Please Help me achieve my Goal

Please donate even if its just 1 dollar, every little bit helps.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A little about me and why I am doing this.

Hello My name is LeAnn. I am a Mommy to 3 year old triplets and love every minute of it. I have been married for 4 years to a man who supports anything and everything I choose to do in life. My husband and I always joke that I will teach our children they can save the world and he will teach them to be realistic. The way I see it if everyone thought they could save the world and tried to make a difference we would all be living in a better world. Being a stay at home mom limits what I can do, but I like to think what little I do does make a difference.

About a month ago I sat down with my Mom and decided to watch The Cove. Little did I know that decision has change my life. I am more determined then ever to make a difference in this horrific slaughter that happens every year in Taiji, Japan. I have spent the last month reading every blog, news story and watching every video I can to educate myself better on this issue. My heart was aching knowing that I was not there to be a Cove guardian and help document everything I could to help spread the word of what happens there. Just yesterday I was reading about the 14 dolphins that were just murdered there, The 6 very young dolphins that were let go and the 2 dolphins that were taken to live a life of captivity. And that is what made me ask myself. Why can't I go to Taiji next year to help stop this? Nothing was my answer. I have a very supportive family. I have Great Friends. And I know there are thousands of people who feel the same way I do that will help me reach my goal.

So here it is, My Goal:
I want to spend a week in Taiji, Japan being a cove guardian. I plan to do this in September 2011. I have less then a year to raise $5000.00. I can't do this with out the help of other compassionate people. SO PLEASE DONATE even if its just 1.00 anything helps. I am a middle class citizen. I am not rich and cannot afford this on my own. My Mom plans on taking this journey with me. It will not be cheap,But I am willing to do whatever it takes to achieve this. So please pass my blog on to anyone you know. Spread the word about what happens in Taiji. WATCH The Cove!

My promise:
I promise to use every penny donated, to help stop this horrific slaughter. If I do not reach my goal of 5000 every penny will be donated to Sea Shepherd Conservation Society.
5000 dollars is what I estimate this journey will cost us. What ever money is not used for this trip will also be donated to Sea Shepherd Conservation Society

7 comments:

  1. Hi
    I just found your blog. I live in Kawasaki,Kanagawa Japan. It's near Tokyo. Thank you for taking a stand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim and Kame, Thank you so much for your support. I could not do this with out the support of others..

    ReplyDelete
  3. how did the tsusanami effect this situation? And are you a member of CAPS?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Taiji was not impacted very hard by the tsunami, they did get the waves and 24 dolphins held in the sea pins were killed. It will not surprise me if the fishermen start hunting at the beginning of september like normal. During the tsunami they drove there boats out to sea to save them but could care less about the dolphins.

    And I am not sure what CAPS is?

    ReplyDelete