Please Help me achieve my Goal

Please donate even if its just 1 dollar, every little bit helps.

Monday, January 10, 2011

Thoughts.

There are so many thoughts that race through my head that I feel I just need to get it out. So sorry if this blog feels like I am just rambling on.


We grow up as children very innocent, sweet and not a care in the world. Our biggest worry is what, who or where am I going to play today. My childhood was full of love, family, vacations, fun and friends. Never did I imagine the horrible things that happen outside my box of happiness. I would give anything to go back to that innocent part of my life. I would love to sleep knowing that everything around me was a fairytale. Unfortunately I have opened my eyes to this very disturbing and real world that I live in. There is no way I can turn my back on it now.
I look at my children and can’t help but wonder what there world will be like when they grow to be adults. Will there be anything left? Will this earth still be beautiful? Or will it be empty? I can dwell on so much or I can do something about it. The power of one can be an amazing thing. I hope that my children will grow up knowing that they to can make a difference. I want them to respect all living, growing and breathing things.
Absolutely every decision they make will effect something or someone somehow. My biggest fears have went from my children being hurt to my children having a future.
All these thoughts come from one decision that I made and that decision was watching the award winning documentary The Cove. The Cove documents the truth about what is happening in a very small coastal town called Taiji in Japan. Between the months of September through March a handful of fishermen drive families of dolphins into what is now the infamous cove. They net it of so the dolphins have no chance at escaping. Trainers come from the nearby whale museum and pick what they deem appropriate for captivity and the rest are ruthlessly murdered.
After watching this I was heartbroken for days. I felt so sad for these amazingly intelligent creatures. I started following blogs that were written by people who were in Taiji to document everything that was happening. I became friends with numerous people on facebook that felt the same way I did. Many of those people had made trips or were planning trips to Taiji to help document these atrocities. I wanted to do something so bad, and for some reason never thought I could. Then as I was sitting there thinking about all of this I asked myself why? Why can’t I go to Taiji? There is nothing stopping me. So that evening I spoke with my husband and asked if he would support my new endeavor. And that’s when my life changed forever.
From that point on I read articles, I watched video after video., I researched the intelligence of dolphins. Along the way I read, watched and learned so much more about the abuse of animals in general. The horror of it all has made me think twice about how I live my life. I have opened my eyes to the reality of it all. I have learn that I am just one, But all it takes is one and from there it will be a chain reaction.
We as the human race have so many day to day worries that it’s easy to move throughout life not thinking about anything but ourselves. We worry about things like work, food, entertainment, novelties and how much money we are going to bring home for the month. Will we be able to make ends meet? The people that are lucky enough to sore through life with all the money in the world worry about what they are going to wear the next day or where there next vacation is going to take place. I myself for so many years was only wrapped up in my life that nothing else matters . Then I came to realize that if people don’t start to worry about our day to day decisions then things will continue to decline.
When you wake up in the morning, Think really hard on what choices you make throughout the day and how they will affect something. Is this plastic grocery bag going to suffocate a bird? Is this plastic bottle that I threw carelessly into the trash going to liter our earth for thousands of years to come. How soon will there be no land left to hold our human consumptions? How long will it take for this one species of animal be extinct because of the selfishness of taking its life? I ask myself unbearable questions every day. These questions keep me motivated to make a difference.
There will be a day where we all are asking what happened? My answer is we were selfish. We chose to over consume Earths greatest assets. We chose to be careless. We chose to go out on our boat and harpoon a whale. We chose to fin a shark for a simple bowl of tasteless soup. We chose to skin a beautiful mink just to wear a beautiful coat. We chose to chop down these hundred year old trees just to add another shopping mall.
Now is the time to make a change before its to late.

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing blog! You are thinking exactly what I am! Reading my latest blog, http://bectheactivist.wordpress.com ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will add you to my blog list..And please do the same for me.
    Thanks for reading

    ReplyDelete